The Girlfriend Omelette
perfect for brunch with your besties
My favourite all-time comfort food has become a favourite with many of my girlfriends. Sitting around my kitchen island we’ve shared laughter, tears and endless conversations over our girlfriend omelets. Some of my most cherished memories have been here, over these omelets…
These are individual omelets. Make one for each guest.
- 1/2 Medium onion – chopped
- 2 – 3 eggs
- 1 – 4 Medium-sized Serrano peppers
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Ground black pepper
- Wholegrain brown rice or rice of choice. Cook according to package directions.
- Whole buttermilk
- Start cooking rice according to directions so it will be ready close to omelet serving time.
- Break eggs into medium-sized bowl.
- Add chopped onion, chopped Serrano pepper(s) and blend well with a fork.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Mix all together and let sit while you warm a few tablespoons of olive oil in saucepan.
- Add egg mixture to warm oil and cook until edges are crisped. Turn omelette over to brown both sides.
- Plate with rice as base, topped with chopped up omelette.
- Drizzle buttermilk on top before serving.
- Serve immediately.
If serving more than two guests, I have made the individual omelettes ahead of time according to guest preferences, kept them warm in oven and plated the meal as soon as guests arrived.
Beam Good Energy!