Spicy Pork Bafat Recipe
by : Jude De Almeida
- 1 medium-sized pork shoulder roast with bone in
- One chopped large onion
- 5 chopped garlic cloves
- 2″ chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 to 4 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper (depending on how much heat you like)
- 2 Serrano peppers cut lengthwise in halves (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Whole grain brown rice cooked according to directions
- Chop the pork shoulder roast in cubes with fatty parts and skin included as this adds immense flavour to the dish! Keep the bone as well.
- Make a water paste of all dry spices and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in deep saucepan and brown the onions, ginger, Serrano peppers and garlic.
- Once the onion mixture is well sautéed, add the spice paste and cook together on medium heat.
- Once the spice mixture is well blended and browned, add the chopped pork with bone. Mix well. Add salt, water, and red wine vinegar.
- Place lid on the pan and let simmer well. Remove lid and cook on medium heat until some liquid has evaporated.
- Serve hot over whole grain brown rice.
Beam Good Energy!