Scratch Lemon or Lime Pickle
From my Friend Sarita Lobo
by : Jude De Almeida
You will never eat store-bought lemon or lime pickles again!
- 6 medium lemons or 12 small limes
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1″ chopped ginger
- 1 chopped garlic clove
How to prepare:
- Cut off top and bottom of lemons or lime
- Cut in middle and slice the lemons
- Coat evenly with salt and cayenne pepper and let sit for 2 hours
- Boil together the apple cider vinegar, honey, ginger, garlic
- Add lemons/limes until they become soft
- Cool and place the pickles in jars
- Store at room temperature for 4-6 weeks before using. No need to refrigerate as the apple cider vinegar is a natural food preservative.
Note: I refrigerate this pickle once it’s opened for use.
Beam Good Energy!