Maintain Youthful Skin
Youthful Grace at Every Age
We all want to look our best. We all want to have youthful grace. How do we get it? Here’s the secret. You have it. Yes, you do. Be yourself. YOU are beautiful. YOU can be the Best YOU. Take time. Be gentle with yourself. It’s a journey of discovery. Come journey with me. Let me share with you what I know. What living has taught me…
8 Steps to Youthful Skin
- Be gentle with your skin. Avoid rubbing your facial skin, especially around sensitive eye areas. You want to maintain the natural elasticity of your skin. Don’t stretch it out.
- In the shower or bath, use a warm, (never hot), liberally drenched washcloth with gentle firmness to cleanse your facial skin. You can use a cleanser, but I find it’s not necessary for all skin types. Judge what’s best for your skin. I’ve never used soap or cleanser on my skin. I just cleanse gently with a moist face cloth.
- While your skin is still moist, apply organic coconut oil liberally. It will melt beautifully on your face. Gently glide it all over face, neck, and upper chest. (Rub any extra oil from your hands into your elbows – a most often ignored and dry area. Now you will always have soft, moisturized elbows!)
- Gently dab with ring finger some organic Shea butter below your lower lashes and around your fine eye area lines. I use L’Occitane Pure Shea Butter. It’s a bit expensive, but 150ml (5.2oz) lasts about 3 months. I use it on my lips also before applying lipstick.
- Apply a facial moisturizer of your choice gently all over face, neck and upper chest. In recent times I’ve found that L’Occitane Pure Shea Butter is all the moisturizer I need – gently applied all over my face. It’s purely divine!
- Apply a cream sunscreen gently all over your face. I like Anthelios XL Melt-in Cream SPF 60, recommended by my dermatologist. It goes on very smooth and velvety.
- You now want your face to absorb and hold all this wonderful moisture. Use a lotion to get it all “sucked in”. I like Aveeno Baby Lotion. Apply it all over your hands first and then gently pat (don’t rub!) the lotion from your hands all over your face.
- You’ve now primed your face with a fabulous moisture base for the day and you’re ready for your makeup base or just a touch of bronzer, eyeliner, eye shadow, lip balm, lipstick and you’re good to go!
Nighttime Skin Care Routine:
- To remove eye makeup, bronzer or foundation, I absolutely love using almond oil and have been using it for many years. Apply liberally, covering your face. It’s velvety smooth! And just gently tissue off. You’re going to love taking your makeup off because your skin is going to love almond oil! Again, rub any excess oil onto your elbows.
- After makeup removal, I like to put L’Occitane Pure Shea Butter around my eyes before bed. It’s both soothing and moisturizing.
You are now taking good care of your face which will result in great skin over the years!
Here’s some more great tips from Harper’s Bazaar