My Coriander Chicken Recipe
Serves 4 Generously
Before preparing this recipe, make a cup of tea, coffee or cool drink, sit back and watch the above half-hour cooking class on making this wonderful dish! It is authentic and taped in real-time. You will enjoy it! This is a most favourite recipe amongst my family and friends. Developed over a couple of decades. Full of flavour and aromatic spices. First time I’m sharing this coveted recipe outside of family! Welcome to my table friends! Enjoy!
Serves 4 Generously
- 1 to 2 cups whole grain brown parboiled rice (cook according to package directions)
- 12 chicken thighs with skin and bone
- 1 large white onion – chopped
- 2″ chopped ginger
- 3 – 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 4 medium-sized Serrano peppers
- 3 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1/4 cup Olive oil – as needed to coat the onion mixture well.
- Pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- Ground pepper
- 8 medium-sized carrots – chopped up.
- Sauté chopped onions, garlic, ginger and Serrano peppers in olive oil on medium-high heat until cooked through but not brown. Add fresh ground salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Combine the ground coriander, cloves, cinnamon and turmeric in a small bowl. Add water slowly to make a smooth paste.
- Add the spice paste to the sautéed onion mixture. Mix well and brown to a golden hue.
- Move the spice mixture to the side of the pan and add the chicken thighs with skin-side down. Fill the pan with all chicken thighs and spread the thighs well with the sauté mixture. Cover and let cook completely, making sure all sides are browned well.
- Once the browning is complete, add the chopped carrots on top, evenly distributed and let cook until a fork can pierce the carrots with some firmness.
- Plate the chicken with carrots on top of a rice base.
- Serve with a cool cucumber salad or salad of choice!
Beam Good Energy!